Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hear me on a TechOnline roundtable with respected experts

Embedded systems are getting more complicated and harder to program. What can be done about it? You can come hear a panel of experts (+ me) talk about the challenges of embedded systems programming and a risk of programmer shortage in the future.

The round table participants are all current or former editors of Embedded Systems Design magazine and are folks I've read for a long time.  I've been reading Jack Ganssle's column since 1994 when I was at Motorola Semiconductor and Dan Saks's articles when I was still programming in C++ on LabVIEW so it's neat to share the virtual stage with them.

This web-cast came about because the current editor in chief of Embedded Systems Design magazine, Rich Nash, wrote an article postulating that there was an emerging coding crisis. It generated more letters to the editor than anything else he had done. You can see them in the online comments to the article as well as a follow up reader response article.

So, if you're not going to be busy on June 19th, please sign up and listen in. There will be a Q&A section at the end if you want to ask follow-ups or you can post questions to me here if you want.

There are some trends I'm especially interested in discussing such as high level programming tool adoption, difficulties programming multicore processors, and how FPGAs might change things

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com