Friday, August 18, 2006

Well I said I wanted feedback...

So now I know what it's like to be a musician, having to see a review of one of your performances broadcast widely for the whole city/state/world to see.  I got mentioned in a Design News article about podcasts.

The first podcast, titled “What is Embedded?” was produced by National Instruments. It featured an interview with Joel Sumner of the LabVIEW Embedded Group. Overall I think the 16:58 minute interview fulfilled its promise, but I found my attention straying at times. Conversely, I found Sumner giving short shrift to some of the more potentially interesting topics.

The title of the post was even worse: "Listen to This Boring Podcast".  Ouch. The other podcast she reviewed in the article (from another company) also got panned so at least I'm not alone.

Oh well, that was the first one I had ever done and it was part of the first 4 NI had ever done. I guess I/we have a bit of learning to do before we're the NPR of the T&M podcast world.

So, give it to me straight guys, did it suck?  Too long? Right level of detail?  Wrong level of detail?  We've got a tremendous amount of knowledge locked up in these walls and we're willing to share, we just don't want to put you to sleep.

 

Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked you podcast and blogs but it needs more details on architecture, implementation & competive platfrom analysis/reasons for choices made...

Alos your blogs started with ideas in wiring and lately I have noticed more euology on NI or Dr. T. This can be done at another marketing forum. The list of platforms, and you very frist blogs were good but i's be lacking meat lately.

Keep blogging.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Joel said...

Thanks. That's helpful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com